What is Respiratory Therapy?
The Respiratory Therapy department at MCMH + Clinics provides a variety of respiratory care treatments and diagnostic tests for patients of all ages. Respiratory Therapy is a support service working with provider clinics, nursing, the emergency department and other medical center departments to deliver the most state-of-the-art health care to patients at MCMH + Clinics.
What Diagnostic Services does MCMH + Clinics Respiratory Therapy offer?
Pulmonary Function Testing
Home Oxygen Evaluation
- Pulmonary Function tests are a series of measurements designed to tell your healthcare provider how well your lungs are functioning. They help determine the presence of lung abnormalities, progression of lung disease and a course of therapy and treatment. Pulmonary function tests include, but are not limited to, spirometry, which requires patients to breathe through a mouthpiece to record the amount of air breathed in and out.
Therapies & Education
- The Respiratory Therapy team can provide an evaluation to qualify you for home oxygen with a diagnosis and order from your healthcare provider. This will include, but is not limited to, pulse oximetry monitoring in the medical center as an outpatient or making arrangements with your doctor for an overnight oximetry test in your home. The staff is happy to discuss and/or refer you to companies that stock respiratory supplies, home oxygen and CPAP/BiPAP machines for your personal use.
- Mechanical Ventilatory Support
- Nebulizer Therapy
- Metered Dose Inhaler Therapy (MDI)
- PEP Therapy (Positive Expiratory Pressure)
- Vest (Chest Physiotherapy) Therapy
- Sputum Induction
- Peak Flow
- Breathing Retraining
- Incentive Spirometry
- Respiratory Disease Education
- Respiratory Therapy Medication Education
- Trach Care