MCMH + Clinics Wellness Walkway
Walking has become one of the most popular forms of exercise. Montgomery County Memorial Hospital + Clinics offers two indoor walking paths, and they are a great way to get in a walk away from rain, snow, heat or wind. Join us and walk your way to a healthier you!
What are the Benefits of Walking?
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well being
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes
What is the MCMH Wellness Walkway?
The Wellness Walkway consists of two different walking paths inside the hospital. If you need to get up and move after sitting with a loved one or want to use the path when the weather is bad, the Wellness Walkway is here for YOU!
Where Will I Walk?
The Upper Level Loop is .35 miles. On this path, you will remain on one level of the hospital. Complete three loops and you have walked just over a mile! The Upper and Lower Level Loop together is a .45 mile round-trip walk that utilizes the two stairwells at MCMH to give your legs an extra workout. Complete this loop twice and you have walked just under a mile! Follow the MCMH Wellness Walkway Apples positioned on the walls along the walking path. Follow the Apples and they will loop you back to your starting point.
Questions or Concerns? Call the MCMH Community Relations Department.